Monday 17 November. My first message in this Blog! This is a Blog about the wonderfull flute called the shakuhachi. I started to have lessons 3 weeks ago and bought my Shakuhachi Yuu.
See for more details: http://www.shakuhachiyuu.com/
As you can see I painted the Yuu look more original and bamboo-like with a stainer.
I didn't use any lacquer, so the stain will slowly become more faint.
First lesson for this month:
* play ro loud as long as possible on one breath: otsu ro. Repeat. Do the same but then as soft as you can, trying to let the sound 'ring' inside your head.
* Play ro, tsu, re, chi, ri as loud as you can on one breath, think a wide breath.
* Play those same note's, start in de lower otsu register then overblow to kan register (2nd register).
* Play re, then by tilting the flute make it sound lower: meri and by doing the opposite make it higher: kari.
* Play re meri softly and slowly make it louder en less meri, so you go from re meri to re on increasing volume.
* Practise the articulating of these notes.
These are the starters with some additional sheet music.